Auto Dimming and Passive Welding Helmets from 3M Speedglas and Jackson Safety
We offer a variety of two different types of welding helmets: Auto darkening welding helmets and Passive welding helmets. Both offer great protection from UV/IR rays which can be very damaging to the eyes. Many welders who choose not to use protection end up with Arc Eye, a painful condition in which the eyes have been exposed to UV/IR rays resulting in basically a sunburn on the eyes. This is very painful and unnecessary for anyone to have to go through. The UV rays from arc welding can also burn the skin, namely the face if no protection is warn and will result in a sunburn-like condition.
Eliminate these possible injuries by choosing either an auto darkening or passive welding helmet from our many products available. Auto darkening helmets automatically detect the arc and darken the viewing screen to protect your eyes. Our many models feature different levels of customization of darkness levels, sensitivity, etc. Passive welding helmets either need to be flipped up or have the flap lifted to allow the welder to see the work surface. Once everything is in place, the welder flips down the protective filter and welds away. Either offer great protection and many of our welding helmets are ANSI Z87.1-2003 compliant.
In the United States, the industry standard for welding helmets is ANSI Z87.1-2003. This standard specifies performance of a wide variety of eye protection devices. The standard requires that auto-darkening helmets provide full protection against both UV and IR even when they are not in the darkened state. The standard is voluntary, so check the product descriptions when browsing our selection of welding helmets to see which ones are ANSI Z87.1 complaint.
- 3M GVP PAPR Spark Arrest Cover GVP-146Spark arrest cover for the GVP series PAPR devices from 3M. It is designed to assist in the protection of the unit against sparks.$56.20Each
- 3M HWR Welding Helmet 16-3301-21SW Adflo HE/OV/SD/CL/HC PAPR FlexView w/ ADF 9002XThis PAPR welding helmet by 3M features an organic vapor/acid filter and also filters particulates. This auto darkening welding helmet also meets ANSI Z87.1-2003 standards and provides excellent perihperal vision with the built in side windows.$2065.00Each
- 3M Speedglas 100 Auto-Darkening Welding HelmetsThe 100 series of 3M welding helmets come in several different graphic patterns and feature several different darkening shades for ultimate protection and visibility of the arc puddle. They are all ANSI Z87.1 compliant with neck protecting extended rims.$220.60Each
- 3M Speedglas 9100 Welding Helmet 06-0100-30 w/ ADF 9100XXThis auto darkening 3M Speedglas welding helmet features dark shades 8-13 and has a viewing window of over 12 sq. inches. Built in modes also allow for precise visuals for cutting, torching and grinding situations. ANSI Z87.1 complaint.$522.00Each
- Jackson Leather Welding Helmet 860P w/ Lift Front Window ShadeThis Jackson welding helmet features a tough, pliable and breathable leather skin offering ultimate protection. This welding helmet also offers ideal protection for working in special situations such as overhead welding and working in tight spaces.$94.95Each
- Jackson Nitro Welding Safety Helmet w/ ADFThis auto darkening Jackson welding helmet has a variable 9-13 shade filter with sensitivity and delay ajustments. This welding helmet also meets ANSI Z87.1 standards and features three independent sensors for ultimate arc puddle protection.$128.95Each
- Jackson Shadow Welding Helmet HSL-2 w/ 2"x 4.25" Lift FrontThis Jackson welding helmet is one of the best values welding helmets around. Prices way below its competition, this passive welding helmet will protection you without breaking the bank. It is ANSI compliant and features a lift front.$38.50Each
- Jackson Shadow Welding Helmets HSL-100 w/ 4.5"x 5.25" Shade 10 WindowThe HSL-11 line of shadow welding helmets offers a line-up of excellent passive welding helmets. Avaliable in red, blue and black, this series of Jackson welding helmets offers excellent UV and IR radation protection while looking stylish and remaining co$38.75Each
- Jackson Vulcanized Fiber Welding Helmets 400-SeriesThe 400 series of Jackson welding helmets offers a variety of different passive filters maximizing IR/UV protection.$55.95Each
- Jackson Welding Helmets - Halo X NexGen Auto DarkeningThis premium auto darkening welding helmet features the Nexgen auto darkening filter. Ajustable to several different welding settings and ANSI compliant, this Jackson welding helmet is a top choice for welders.$359.95Each
- Jackson Welding Helmets 900-Series Ultra-LightThe 900 series of ultra light weight Jackson welding helmets bearly feel like they are even on and offer great protection from IR/UV rays with the Shade 10 passive filter.$37.95Each
- Jackson Welding Safety Helmet HSL-100 NexGen EQCThis auto darkening Jackson welding helmet features 4 different sensors allowing the best auto dimming capability avaliable. This welding helmet is ANSI Z87.1 compliant.$335.75Each