Welding Safety Clothing
If you are curious to learn some general information about the different types of fire resistant clothing that can be used in welding and other applications and get some possible insights into what may be best for your job, please check out our article on Understanding FR Clothing.
The welding process can be very hazardous to your health. Flying slag, sparks, toxic vapors, UV/IR radiation, extreme heat and other factors can pose serious risks to a welders health. Despite what most people think, flying sparks and the heat of the weld itself are not the only hazards of the welding process, toxic chemicals are emitted in the welding process as well as harmful UV and IR rays. Our line of welding helmets, eye protection and welding respirators will protect you from most hazards, however this still leaves the skin vulnerable. The most important areas to consider for protection are the lungs, face, eyes and hands. Our comprehensive line-up of Welding clothing will serve to protect you from these hazards.
We offer a wide variety of protective welding clothing including leather welding clothing, welding overalls, aprons, coats and much more. One of the most dangerous aspects of welding is the exposure to UV radiation. This can cause burns much like sunburns which can be very painful, this is a risk because any bare skin exposed to the arc flash is vulnerable to this injury. Molten slag and sparks flying around are another risk for exposed skin and these are common yet very preventable injuries. Make sure no area of your body is left exposed to the welding area to minimize unnecessary injury.
Contact one of our customer service representatives if you have questions regarding welding protective clothing or need help figuring out what clothing articles are necessary for your specific welding application.
- Chicago Protective Apparel Fire Resistant Bib Overall 9oz Green ProbanThese fire resistant coveralls are made from Proban material which will endure 25 to 50 launderings. They some in sizes S-3XL and come in a stylish Green color.$50.75Each
- Chicago Protective Apparel Fire Resistant CarbonX Coveralls 605-CX11These CarbonX coveralls are fire resistant and made by Chicago Protective. They are extremely protective against fire while feeling quite similar to normal fabric. They are ideal for protection from molten splash and other hot temperature hazards.$179.95Each
- Chicago Protective Apparel Fire Resistant CarbonX Pants 606-CX11This pair of CarbonX pants from Chicago Protective are very comfortable and feel no different than a normal pair of khakis. They are very protective against fire and are available in sizes S-3XL.$108.75Each
- Chicago Protective Apparel Fire Resistant Cotton Spark Deflector - Economy ESD-690This economy strap spark deflector attaches to hard hats with four webbing straps which loop over the hard hats suspension system.$10.75Each
- Chicago Protective Apparel Fire Resistant Cotton Spark Deflector - Over The Cap Mount 688This Chicago Protective spark deflector fits over the helmet and is held in place with an elastic strap.$11.50Each
- Chicago Protective Apparel Fire Resistant Coverall 9oz Green ProbanThese fire protective coveralls from Chicago Protective are made from Proban FR-7A 100% cotton fabric. They will endure 25 to 50 launderings and some in sizes S-3XL.$39.25Each
- Chicago Protective Apparel Fire Resistant Jacket 9oz Green ProbanThis proban jacket will retain its fire resistance through 25 to 50 washings and is ideal for garnments not expected to wear beyond a certain certification point.$16.50Each
- Chicago Protective Apparel Fire Resistant Pants 9oz Green ProbanThese fire resistant pants from Chicago Protective are made from 9 ounce Proban 100% treated cotton and come in sizes S-3XL. They will endure 25 to 50 launderings and come in a stylish green color.$22.95Each
- Chicago Protective Apparel Flame Resistant CarbonX Bib Overalls 618-CX11This pair of CarbonX flame resistant bib overalls are ideal for working with high temperature situations and provide an excellent heat barrier from heat hazards. They come in sizes S-3XL and are very comfortable.$143.50Each
- Chicago Protective Apparel FR Cotton Hip Leggings - 9oz 470-GRThese FR cotton hip leggings are slip-on and flared. They are flame resistant and fit easily over jeans, khakis or any other pants.$35.75Each
- Chicago Protective Apparel FR Cotton SleevesThis pair of fire resistant sleeves have a 1/2 inch elastic wrist and are ideal for welding applications. They are made from FR-7A cotton and do an excellent job resisting molten slag and flying sparks.$5.20Pair
- Chicago Protective Apparel Heat & Fire Retardant CarbonX Coat - 45" Long 602-CX11These fire resistant CarbonX coveralls are made by Chicago Protective. They are extremely effective against fire and heat while feeling similar to normal fabric. They are ideal for protection from molten splash and other hot temperature hazards.$125.75Each
- Chicago Protective Apparel Heat & Flame Resistant CarbonX Jacket 600-CX11This CarbonX jacket is made by Chicago Protective and is heat and flame resistant. CarbonX is a revolutionary fabric capable of handling some of the most extreme heat and flame situations. This jacket comes in sizes S-3XL.$104.95Each
- Chicago Protective Apparel Rust Split Leather 19" Bib BIB-CL-19This welding protective bib is removeable from the CPA sleeve cape and provides excellent protection against the hazards of welding.$9.40Each
- Chicago Protective Apparel Rust Split Leather Welding Cape Sleeve 577-CLThis welding sleeve cape is parable with a removeable bib which snap together. It is avaliable in sizes S-3XL and will provide excellent protection against the hazards of welding.$32.40Each
- Chicago Protective Apparel Rust Split Leather Welding Chaps 555-CLThis pair of welding chaps provides excellent protection against welding hazards such as molten slag and flying sparks.$25.50Each
- Chicago Protective Apparel Rust Split Leather Welding Jacket 600-CLThis leather welding jacket is ideal for welders dealing with hazards like molten slag, flying sparks and dangerous radiation.$49.95Each
- Chicago Protective Apparel Rust Split Leather Welding Split Leg Apron 550-CL-48-SWThis pair of split leather chaps are made by Chicago Protective and will offer superior protection against hazards of welding.$26.75Each
- Chicago Protective Apparel Spring Closure Leather Leggings - w/ Replaceable Covers 333-CLThis pair of protective leggings are made from premium leather to repel molten slag and hot sprks as a result of the welding process. They have snap on steel spring frames to allow for replacement covers.$52.50Pair
- Steiner 18" FR Knit Sleeve w/ Thumbhole 13618TThese Steiner CF Series Knit Sleeves are inherently flame resistant and are ideal for welding applications where complete coverage from the hand to shoulder is required.$462.3012 Pairs