Ear Protection - Earplugs and Earmuffs from 3M and Moldex
Loud noise has been a constant hazard for many workers, especially in construction, heavy industries and music industry. Even a short-term exposure to loud noise without any ear protection can cause a temporary stuffiness or ringing (tinnitus) in your ears. Generally, these problems are short-term and go away within a period of few minutes to 24 hours, depending on the noise. However, recurring exposure to loud noise without hearing protection, such as working in construction sites, factories or setting up rock concerts, can lead to permanent hearing loss or tinnitus. In such cases when hazardously loud noise cannot be avoided, the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health recommends using hearing protection devices, such as earplugs and earmuffs, to protect the workers’ hearing. The exact effectiveness of various types of hearing protection depends on the fit and quality of the product as well as proper use by the workers.
Ear plugs are small and are generally made of memory foam for a comfortable fit. Ear muffs can be considered cumbersome due to their size, but they provide better protection, being able to create a seal around the ears. In cases of very loud hazardous noise, it is possible to combine ear plugs and ear muffs for added ear protection.
Legion Safety Products offers great deals on a variety of ear protection solutions from 3M and Moldex.
- 3M Peltor High Visibility Earmuffs Hi-Viz H10A HVPeltor Hi-Viz Earmuffs offer a low-pressure fit, featuring an NRR 30dB. They are excellent for workers in road construction, airports and utilities$24.50Each
- 3M Peltor HY10 Earmuff Replacement Hygiene KitThis Peltor Earmuff hygiene kit offers replacement cushions and dampers to any H1-series earmuffs$9.50Each
- 3M Peltor HY3 Earmuff Replacement Hygiene KitThis Peltor Earmuff hygiene kit offers replacement cushions and dampers to any H31-series earmuffs$8.85Each
- 3M Peltor HY53 PTL Earmuff Replacement Hygiene KitThis Peltor Earmuff hygiene kit offers replacement cushions and dampers to any PTL type earmuffs$9.85Each
- 3M Peltor HY6/V Earmuff Replacement Hygiene KitThis Peltor Earmuff hygiene kit offers replacement cushions and dampers to any H6 and HY6/V series earmuffs$8.95Each
- 3M Peltor HY7 Earmuff Replacement Hygiene KitThis Peltor Earmuff hygiene kit offers replacement cushions and dampers to any H7 series earmuffs$8.95Each
- 3M Peltor NEXT Skull Screw Push-In Corded Ear Plugs P13013M Peltor corded ear plugs offer a twist to seal design guaranteed to stay in the ear. They are NRR 30 ear plugs$64.95120 Pairs
- 3M Peltor NEXT Skull Screw Push-In Ear Plugs P13003M Peltor push-in ear plugs offer a twist to seal design guaranteed to stay in the ear. These ear plugs are rated for NRR 30$48.20120 Pairs
- 3M Peltor Nitro Corded Foam Ear Plugs P10013M Peltor corded foam ear plugs provide comfort and protection, with a tapered foam design for all day wear with great protection with a LiveWire cord$22.85100 Pairs
- 3M Peltor Nitro Foam Ear Plugs P1000These Peltor foam ear plugs offer great protection with a solid seal. These 3M Ear Plugs provide an NRR rating of 32dB$21.75200 Pairs
- 3M Peltor No-Touch Corded Foam Ear Plugs P20013M Peltor corded foam ear plugs come with a stem for easy insertion, and featuring a soft purple foam fused with a LiveWire stem. These 3M plugs are NRR 29$60.75100 Pairs
- 3M Peltor No-Touch Foam Ear Plugs P20003M Peltor ear plugs are NRR 29 dB featuring a tapered shape for easy insertion. Their design allows insertion without fear of contaminating the insulating foam$36.50100 Pairs
- 3M Peltor Optime 101 Ear Muffs H7B3M Peltor Optime ear muffs are neckband type ear muffs with a noise reduction rating NRR 26dB. These 3M ear mufs provide for a safer and more comforatble working environment for longer periods of time.$17.90Each
- 3M Peltor Optime 101 Ear Muffs H7P3E Cap Mounted3M Peltor cap mounted ear muffs attach onto most hard caps, with excellent attenuation at low and high frequencies. These Peltor Muffs are NRR 24dB and suitable for up to 101dBA noise levels$13.80Each
- 3M Peltor Optime 101 Earmuffs H7AThese NRR 27 Peltor Optime Earmuffs provide an excellent attenuation at low and high frequencies$18.95Each
- 3M Peltor Optime 105 Ear Muffs H10BThese 3M Ear Muffs are suitable for noise levels up to 105 dBA, featuring a behind the head design that allows for convenient use with hard hats$19.40Each
- 3M Peltor Optime 105 Earmuffs H10APeltor Earmuffs with the highest NRR of any earmuff. These NRR 30 muffs are suitable for noise levels up to 105 dBA and feature soft, foam-filled ear cushions$20.95Each
- 3M Peltor Optime 105 Earmuffs H10P3E Cap MountedPeltor Optime 105 cap mounted earmuffs offer soft, foam-filled ear cushions featuring an NRR of 27dB. They attach to most standard hard caps$24.95Each
- 3M Peltor Optime 9 Earmuffs H6B/VThese Peltor Earmuffs offer excellent protection against high-frequency noise with ultra light with liquid/foam filled ear cushions. These Earmuffs from 3M feature an NRR of 21dB$13.40Each
- 3M Peltor Optime 95 Ear Muffs H6F/V FoldingThese Peltor ear muffs are light ear muffs that fold for convenient storage. These NRR 21 ear muffs are excellent against high-frequency noise for working in machine shops and with power tools$14.95Each